This is cherry blossom season! Get out and enjoy the warmer weather with some drinks and good friends under the cherry trees! Ogi Park and Karatsu Castle are famous, but there are parks with cherry trees all over the prefecture.
- Details: This month we’ll be doing spring and Easter-themed activities! Please join us!
- When: April 16, 12:30 to 14:30
- Where: Saga Shoko Building, Saga City
Saaaga!!! on ICE
- Details: Explore the spots in Karatsu City that served as the backdrop for the anime, Yuuri!!! on ICE
- When: March 6 to May 7, maps are handed out form 9:00 to 18:00
- Where: Around Karatsu City
Mifuneyama Rhodedendron Festival
- When: April 15 to May 7, 8:00 to 18:00, illumination 18:30 to 22:00
- Where: Mifuneyama Park, Takeo
- Cost: 700 yen (to see it in the day and with illumination, you would need to way twice)
Hizen Yoshida Ware Festival
- When: March 31 to April 2, 9:00 to 17:00
- Where: Hizen Yoshida Ware Kamamoto Kaikan, Ureshino City
Kagami Shrine Festival
- When: April 1, 10:00 to 16:00, April 2, 14:00 to ?
- Where: Kagami Shrine
Learn the ABCs of Art Jargon
- When: April 1 and 15, 13:30 to 15:00
- Where: Saga Prefectural Museum, Third Floor, Room 3
Uranosaki Sakura Station Festival
- Details: This station is nicknamed the “Sakura Station” because of the cherry blossom trees that line the railway. Various events will be held this day.
- When: April 2, 10:00 to 16:00
- Where: Matsuura Railways Uranosaki Station
Taku Seibyou Confucian Celebration
- When: April 18, 10:30
- Where: Taku Confucian Temple
JR Walking in Kiyama: Daikouzenji Temple
- Details: A 11.5 km course to Daikouzenji Temple, famous for its rhododendrons.
- When: April 23, sign-in from 8:30 to 11:00, goal is open until 15:00
- Where: Starts at JR Kiyama Station
Kazuya Sato Flute Performance
- When: April 29, 13:30 to 15:30
- Where: Karatsu City Citizen’s Hall
- Cost: 3500 yen for S seats, 3000 yen for A seats (500 yen extra if purchased the day-of)
114th Arita Ware Festival
- When: April 29 to May 5
- Where: Downtown Arita