Late March and early April are the peak times for cherry blossoms. Asahi ga Oka in Kashima and Ogi Park are highly recommended, but there are plenty of other places to check out. Just get out, see some flowers and enjoy spring!
Fukuoka Now have a good summary or what’s on offer in and near Saga :).
Saga Prefecture History and Culture
- Where: Saga Prefectural Museum
- When: March 17th to May 17th, 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (Closed Mondays except May 4th)
Kouno Park Lantern Festival
- Details: Enjoy sakura blossoms at night under the soft light of lanterns!
- Where: Kouno Park (神野公園)
- When: March 21st to April 4th, 6:00 pm to midnight
37th Kawakamikyou Spring Matsuri
- Details: Approximately 300 carp streamers will be hung along the Kase River. Boat rides are available on weekends on holidays.
- Where: Kanjin Bridge (官人橋)
- When: March 26th to May 10th, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Cost: Viewing is free. Boat rides are 300 yen for middle school students and older, 100 yen for elementary students, free for younger. Rides are approximately 15 minutes long. Boats can be rented for up to 15 people for 8000 yen between 6:00 pm and 10:00 pm. Private rides will last two hours. Contact organizers for more details.
2015 International Amateur Ceramics Exhibition Imari
- Where: Arita Ceramics Traditional Industry Hall (有田焼伝統産業会館), Imari
- When: March 28th to April 11th, Awards Ceremony April 11th at 2:00 pm
Spring “Pottery City”
- Details: Big sales on Imari Ceramics and a stamp rally
- Where: Okawauchiyama
- When: April 1st to April 5th, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
29th Yoshida Oyama-san Porcelain Festival
- Details: View and shop for Yoshida Ware, which has a history of over 400 years. You can also paint your own ceramics or bake bread.
- Where: Hizen Yoshida Ceramics Hall (肥前吉田焼窯元会館)
- When: April 3rd to 5th, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Cost: Entrance is free. 700 to 1100 yen for ceramics painting, 200 yen for bread baking (the bread workshop is held from 10:00 am to noon and 1:00 to 3:00 pm)
28th Ureshino Tea Meet
- Where: Ureshino City Tea Research Center (嬉野市茶業研修施設 嬉茶楽館)
- When: April 4th and 5th, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Tea picking experience is done in four groups per day (one each at 10:00, 11:30, 1:00 and 2:30), each limited to 15 people. Cost for tea picking is 200 yen.
Kagami Shrine Spring Matsuri
- Where: Kagami Shrine
- When: April 5th, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Cost: Free
Yoshinogari Historical Park Truck City
- Details: Various vendors selling local produce and crafts from truck stalls.
- Where: Yoshinogari Historical Park Parking Lot
- When: April 5 (every first Sunday of the month), 8:00 am – 11:30 am
- Where: Saga Shrine
- When: April 10th from 4:00 pm, 11th from 10:00 am, 12th from 10:30 am. Fireworks all three nights at 7:00 pm!
JR Kyushu Walking at Tsutsuji Temple
- Details: Take a relaxing walk (approximately 11.5 km) past sake breweries to a temple.
- Where: Start at JR Kiyama Station
- When: April 25th, registration available 8:30-11:00 am, goal registration available until 3:00 pm