Teaching resources created by past and present Saga ALTs are available for you to download. You can access the new database below:
Do you have successful activities and lesson ideas? You can share them and help improve our database by completing this form. Thank you in advance!
AJET Resources (Link is down)
AJET has a number of resources covering different aspects of teaching and education. You can download Planet Eigo and Foxy Phonics below:
The wonderful people at AkitaJET have translated all the elementary Hi, Friends! lesson plans. Access below:
These will help you make sure you cover everything, understand the various games/videos/cards and ensure you spend the recommended amount of time on each topic and don’t finish the text book in 3 weeks.
They can also help with communicating with your Homeroom Teachers.
The AkitaJET website also has a number of other resources for all grades of English.
The following websites have been recommended by ALTs as good resources:
- Englipedia – an encyclopedia of games for all levels of learning, search via textbook or in general
- The Internet Teaching English as a Second Language Journal – excellent resource for worksheets, TESOL theory, words and games
- Boggles World ESL – a great collection of worksheets, flashcards and lesson ideas for ESL classes, especially for elementary and junior high school
- Hello English Picture Dictionary – great resource for use in all grades in elementary school
- Genki English – lots of games and activities with explanations in English and Japanese
- ESL Cafe – activities for all grade levels. Click on the ‘idea cookbook’ and then the category you are interested in
- Teacher’s Corner – pre-made worksheets (it’s for American students, but can be used to inspire activities and worksheets for ESL teaching)
- Three Wise Monkeys – all the traditional ALT games written out… and more!
- ESL Printables – loads of flashcards and worksheets suitable for ES or JHS. Need to contribute own materials to be able to download
- MES English – colorful flashcards and some games
- Wise hat – game ideas
- First school – activities and craft ideas for pre-school kids. Heaps of ABC worksheets
- Fun Fonix – phonics worksheet makers and activities to print
- English 4 Kids – worksheets designed to teach spelling, phonics, vocabulary and reading
- Highlights Kids – arts and crafts and simple read aloud stories
- Starfall – a reading program that is designed to be fun, exciting, and instill confidence in special needs students as they learn to read
- LearnEnglish Kids – the British Council’s websites with lots of videos and stuff, in lovely British accents
- WayGook.org – a huge compilation of lessons for all level used at Korean schools. Note: Korean English is more advanced!
- Old Saga Teaching Resources Database – the unorganized original.
- English Homework Help Resource Guide – links for English grammar questions, quotes and many other resources.
Join the Japan Teaching Resources Facebook group to find a lot of material and discussion. There are over 1400 English teachers in the group.
Other ALTs are also fantastic resources. If you find yourself hitting a wall or in need of an outside opinion on a new activity or lesson, ask the ALTs in your area for help!