Teaching resources created by past and present Saga ALTs are available for you to download. You can access the new database below:
Do you have successful activities and lesson ideas? Please summarize in a Word Document or PDF and send them to the ALT PA (email@example.com) or the CIR PA (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll past them asap!
AJET has a number of resources covering different aspects of teaching and education. You can download Planet Eigo and Foxy Phonics below:
The wonderful people at AkitaJET have translated all the elementary Hi, Friends! lesson plans. Access below:
These will help you make sure you cover everything, understand the various games/videos/cards and ensure you spend the recommended amount of time on each topic and don’t finish the text book in 3 weeks.
They can also help with communicating with your Homeroom Teachers.
The AkitaJET website also has a number of other resources for all grades of English.
The following websites have been recommended by ALTs as good resources:
- ALTopedia – an encyclopedia of games for all levels of learning, search via textbook, grammar point or in general
- iSLCOLLECTIVE – an ESL resource site where you can search for worksheets on specific topics that are made by other teachers
- The Internet Teaching English as a Second Language Journal – excellent resource for worksheets, TESOL theory, words and games
- Boggles World ESL – a great collection of worksheets, flashcards and lesson ideas for ESL classes, especially for elementary and junior high school
- Hello English Picture Dictionary – great resource for use in all grades in elementary school
- Genki English – lots of games and activities with explanations in English and Japanese
- ESL Cafe – activities for all grade levels. Click on the ‘idea cookbook’ and then the category you are interested in
- Teacher’s Corner – pre-made worksheets (it’s for American students, but can be used to inspire activities and worksheets for ESL teaching)
- Three Wise Monkeys – all the traditional ALT games written out… and more!
- ESL Printables – loads of flashcards and worksheets suitable for ES or JHS. Need to contribute own materials to be able to download
- MES English – colorful flashcards and some games
- Wise hat – game ideas
- First school – activities and craft ideas for pre-school kids. Heaps of ABC worksheets
- Fun Fonix – phonics worksheet makers and activities to print
- English 4 Kids – worksheets designed to teach spelling, phonics, vocabulary and reading
- Highlights Kids – arts and crafts and simple read aloud stories
- Starfall – a reading program that is designed to be fun, exciting, and instill confidence in special needs students as they learn to read
- LearnEnglish Kids – the British Council’s websites with lots of videos and stuff, in lovely British accents
- WayGook.org – a huge compilation of lessons for all level used at Korean schools. Note: Korean English is more advanced!
- Old Saga Teaching Resources Database – the unorganized original.
- English Homework Help Resource Guide – links for English grammar questions, quotes and many other resources.
Join the Japan Teaching Resources Facebook group to find a lot of material and discussion. There are over 1400 English teachers in the group.
Other ALTs are also fantastic resources. If you find yourself hitting a wall or in need of an outside opinion on a new activity or lesson, ask the ALTs in your area for help!