Check out these events happening in June around the Prefecture.
Ogi is said to be one of the best places in Kyushu to see fireflies.
- Where: Around the Gion River (Matsu, Iwakura, Ogi), a few minutes’ drive from JR Ogi Station
- When: Late May to Mid June
Hoyoumura Firefly Festival
There will be some stage events as well as a bingo tournament during the festival.
- Where: Takeo Onsen Hoyoumura
- When: May 23 to June 7, 7:00-9:00pm
Newly Collected Items Exhibition, Kyushu Ceramics Museum
Check out some of the 174 new pieces the museum acquired over the last year.
- Where: Kyushu Ceramics Museum
- When: May 16 to June 21, 9:00am-5:00pm
- Where: Kyuuragi River (厳木川) in Karatsu
- When: March 1 to September 30
- Cost: ￥1000 per day or ￥5000 for a season pass (amateur rod fishing)
100 species of iris, 4 million flowers in total, are planted in this park.
- Where: Yamato Central Park Iris Garden (Oaza Kawakami, Yamato-cho)
- When: May 22 to June 18, 9:00am-6:00pm
- Cost: ￥510, ￥300 for elementary and junior high students
Yobuko Giant Tug-of-War Festival
- Where: In front of the Yobuko Civic Center (6th), in front of San Shrine (7th) about a 10 minute walk from the Yobuko bus stop
- When: June 6th at 1:00pm for children, June 7th at 1:00pm for adults (religious service starts at 12:30pm)
Daishouji Hydrangea Festival
- Where: Daishouji Temple, Takeo
- When: June 7 to June 30, 9:00am-6:00pm
- Cost: ￥200
- Where: Kagami Shrine Ume Garden, Karatsu
- When: Approximately May 12 to June 30 (may vary due to weather), 9:00am-4:00pm
- Cost: ￥500 for a bag to stuff full of ume (small holds 2kg, large holds 3kg)
- Website: http://kagami.or.jp/saiten/
Imari Okawachiyama Bell Festival 2015
The town will be decorated with bells made by 30 local artisans.
- Where: Parts of Imari Okawachiyama
- When: June 20 to August 31, 9:00am-5:00pm
Ureshino Onsen Firefly Bus 2015
Catch a bus to a “secret” firefly spot in Ureshino!
- Where: Ureshino Onsen
- When: June 5 to June 12 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:00pm-9:45pm
- Cost: free, but only available to ryokan and hotel guests
- Note: reservations must be made before 5:00pm, and the event may be canceled in the event of bad weather.
Japanese Confection-Making Class
- Where: Avance, 3rd floor
- When: June 20, 10:00am-2:00pm
- Cost: Free for members, ￥500 for non-members
- Note: you must e-mail and make a reservation to ensure you have a spot. More details can be found here.
23rd Saga Prefecture Calligraphy Exhibition
- Where: Saga Prefectural Museum Building 2, Exhibition Room 3
- When: May 27 to June 13