June may mark the start of rainy season, but is also ume season! Pick some fresh ume and make your own umeshu, ume syrup, umeboshi, or ume jam!
- Details: Join us for storybooks, songs and crafts with local kids!
- When: June 25, 12:30 to 14:30
- Where: Saga Shoko Building, Saga City
Domain Founder Nabeshima Naoshige and Nipponsha Exhibit
- When: May 29 to July 29, 9:30 to 16:00, closed Sundays and holidays
- Where: Chokokan, Saga
- Cost: 300 yen
Ume Picking at Kagami Shrine
- When: From when the ume are ready to pick until they are gone (approx. June 1 to 25), 9:00 to 25
- Where: Kagami Shrine, Karatsu
- Cost: 500 yen per net bag
- When: June 2, 18:15 to 18:45
- Where: Saga City Cultural Hall
- If interested, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
16th Nabeshima Houkoukai Foundation Research Findings Presentation to the Public
- Details: 5 researchers will present their findings on topics related to Saga
- When: June 3, 14:00 to 16:30
- Where: Chokokan, Saga
- Cost: 500 yen
Yobuko Tug-of-War Battle
- Details: A festival with historic roots. Participation from spectators is allowed!
- When: Kids tug-of-war: June 3, 13:00, Ceremony: June 4, 12:30, Adults tug-of-war: 13:00
- Where: June 3: In front of the Yobuko Citizens Center, June 4: 呼子三神社 Shrine (Sorry, I can’t find the reading for it. f(^^;;)
- Details: Pick ume (500 yen per bag), join in a darts contests, watch a traditional dance performance and more
- When: June 4, 10:00 to 14:00
- Where: Mifunegaoka Bairin Ume Orchard, Takeo
556ichiba in Honoohaku
- Details: 130 little shops will be set up with handmade goods.
- When: June 10 and 11, 10:00 to 14:00
- Where: Honoo no Kinendo, Arita
- Details: A Saga JET tradition. For those that haven’t signed up, come and watch your fellow JETs compete!
- When: June 11, events start at 13:00
- Where: Michi-no-eki Kashima, Kashima
Imari Okawachiyama Porcelain Bell Festival
- Details: Bells will be hung at the town’s many kilns
- When: Opening ceremony: June 17, 10:00, Bell festival period: July 17 to August 31
- Where: The Okawachiyama area, Imari
Walk in Warabino
- Details: Walk around the terraced rice fields and enjoy onigiri made from the rice.
- When: June 16, 10:00 check-in, 10:30 to 13:30 walking. Register by June 11.
- Where: At the Warabino Terraced Rice Fields entrance, Ouchi, Karatsu. Parking available.
- Cost: 1000 yen