Opening of the Iris Field at Yamato Chuo Park
- When: Until June 16, 9:00 to 18:00
- Where: Yamato Chuo Park, Saga City
- Cost: 510 yen
Nanayama Furusato Festival
- When: June 2, 10:00 to 16:00
- Where: Tarukami Park, Nanayama area, Karatsu
Drum Tao 2019
- When: June 2, starts at 17:00
- Where: The large hall of Saga City Cultural Hall, Saga City
- Cost: 6500 yen for S-level, 5500 yen for A-level. Tickets can be purchased at convenience store kiosks and various locations in Saga.
35th Annual Kashima Gatalympics
- Details: Contact Steven G. to register and for more information
- When: June 2, opening ceremony at 11:00, competition starts at 12:00
- Where: Nanaura Beach Sports Park at Michi no Eki Kashima, Kashima
Yobuko Giant Tug-of-War
- When: June 2, ceremony at 12:30, adults tug-of-war at 13:00
- Where: 三神神社, Yobuko
- Details: Featuring food stalls, a flea market, and reduced rates at for lake water sports and select local onsen.
- When: June 2 starting 13:00
- Where: Hoyoumura Plaza, Takeo
Ouchi Hydrangea Festival
- Details: This area has 40,000 hydrangeas in about 50 different varieties. You can also submit entries in the photo contest until July 5.
- When: June 5 to 25, waterfall illumination 19:20 to 22:00
- Where: Mikaeri Falls new Ouchi Station, Karatsu
- Cost: There is a fee for the parking lot and shuttle bus.
- Avery’s write up on the event!
Miyaki Hotaru Park: Flight of the Fireflies
- When: Mid-May to Mid-June, 18:00 to 21:00
- Where: Hotaru Park, Miyaki
Imari Okawachiyama Windchime Festival 2019
- Details: Porcelain wind chimes will be hung up throughout the town, and various events are planned over the festival period
- When: June 15 to August 31
- Where: Okawachiyama area, Imari
Ume Picking at Kagami Shrine
- When: Until June 9, 9:00 to 16:00
- Where: Kagami Shrine Ume Orchard, Karatsu
- Cost: 500 yen per 3-kilo bag
- How to make umeshu or ume syrup from your freshly picked ume
- Details: The sign-up deadline is long gone, but it might be fun to watch!
- When: June 16
- Where: The Nijinomatsubara area, starting at Higashi Karatsu Station
“Rice Seedlings and the Terraced Rice Field” Walk in Warabino
- Details: Registration required in advance by email, fax, or phone.
- When: June 17, 10:00 to 13:30
- Where: Warabino Terraced Rice Field Exchange Plaza (蕨野棚田交流広場), Ouchi area, Karatsu
- Cost: 1000 yen, includes onigiri made from terraced field rice.
- Details: Contact AJET Sacha to register and get more information!
- When: June 29
- Where: In Saga City
- Cost: 4000 yen
ROFL Comedy Fest in Saga
- Details: A number of Japanese comedies will gather for a show.
- When: June 30, first set start at 11:30, second set starts at 15:00
- Where: The big hall of Saga City Cultural Hall, Saga City
- Cost: 3996 yen. Tickets can be purchased at convenience store kiosks and various locations in Saga.
Featured Image: Yobuko Giant Tug-of-War