Keep Pine Project
- Details: Help clean up the pine forest!
- When: March 4, 9:00 to 10:30
- Where: Niji no Matsubara, Karatsu
Hizen Saga Bakumatsu-Meiji Restoration Expo
- Details: Temporary museums will be set up all over Saga City to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Meiji Restoration and teach about the Saga’s important role in Japan’s steps toward modernization.
- When: March 17 to January 14; live musical performances on the 17th
- Where: Various locations in downtown Saga City, satellite museums in Karatsu and Tosu
- Cost: Some exhibits are free and some have an entrance fee. Discount sets and a year-long pass are available.
- Details: Various Dutch artists will be doing residencies in Saga City. Visit them and see exhibits from the previous artists, snack on fresh-made (and authentic!) Dutch sweets and check out info on Saga and the Netherlands exchange. Various cultural events are also planned for the space. (This is the Expo location run by the CIR PA’s office. ^^)
- When: March 17 to January 14
- Where: Former Saga Bank Gofuku-machi Branch, Saga City (About 5 min southwest of Shoko Building)
Spring 2018 Kyushu Olle Fair (Ureshino Course)
- When: March 3, 10:00 to 16:00
- Where: Meeting place at Hizen Yoshida Ware Kiln Hall （肥前吉田焼き窯元会館), Ureshino
- Cost: 1500 yen (includes badge, soap, tea, soup, sweets and amazake)
Special Kabuki Performance by Ichikawa Ebizu
- When: March 8, 13:30 and 17:00
- Where: Saga City Cultural Hall
- Cost: S Seats: 12,000 yen, A seats: 10,000 yen
Rice Porridge Fortune Telling
- Details: A ritual with a 1200 year history. The shrine priest will predict the future for the region based on old grown on a bowl of porridge.
- When: March 15, 8:30 to 12:00
- Where: Chiriku Hachimangu Shrine, Miyaki
3rd Sea Bream Festival
- When: March 17, 10:00 to 16:00; March 18, 10:00 to 15:00
- Where: Parking lot of Parea Onsen on the Sea （海上温泉パレア）, Genkai
Kashima Sake Brewery Tourism 2018
- Details: Try the fresh sake from one of Saga’s best-known brewing regions!
- When: March 24 and 25, 10:00 to 17:00
- Where: Kashima
Takeo Onsen Spring Festival
- When: March 24, from 18:00; March 25, 9:00 to 16:00
- Where: Takeo Onsen Romon (red gate) area, Takeo
31st Tosu Yayoi Festival
- When: March 25, 10:00 to 15:00
- Where: Tashiro Park