Halloween Circle Time!!
- Details: We are partnering with SPIRA again to make it a super-fun, super-big event! Please contact Jay or Hannah if you’d like to join us!
- When: Saturday, October 29, 10:00 to 12:00 (volunteers should show up before 9:30)
- Where: Shoko Building, First floor
2016 Saga International Festa
- Details: There’s too much to explain in the events calendar! SPIRA is hosting tons of international activities through out the month, including cooking classes, talks, crafts and more!
- When: All October
- Where: Shoko Building
- Cost: Free to about 500 yen per event
The Kanpai Project: 10000 “Kanpai”s to Saga Sake!
- Details: An event held each year to raise awareness of Saga’s top quality sake industry. Participants will toast a glass of Saga Sake at exactly 19:00 when a local radio station counts it down. An official count will then be taken of all participating locations.
- When: October 1, 19:00
- Where: Participating restaurants: Link
Projecting Mapping in Saga City
- Details: A projection mapping experience has been set up at the Prefectural Office. One show is about 10 minutes, and visitors receive a coupon book that can be used that evening at restaurants in town.
- When: July to September, 20:00 to 22:00; October to March, 18:30 to 22:00 (Finishes at 21:00 Sundays and holidays starting in September)
- Where: The Saga Prefectural Office Observation Deck
- Cost: Free!
Useum Arita Cafe Event
- When: August 11 to November 27 on days the musuem is open. Brunch time: 10:00 to 11:00, lunch time: 11:30 to 14:15, cafe time: 14:30 to 1630
- Where: Saga Kyushu Ceramic Musuem, Arita
- Details: Enjoy foods produced in Saga served on Arita ware. Reservations necessary for brunch and lunch. (0955-41-9120 lines open 10:00 to 16:30)
- Cost: Brunch: 1500 yen, lunch: 2500 yen, sweets and drink set: 1000 yen
Nabeshima Clan Porcelain Exhibit
- When: August 22 to November 12, 9:30 to 16:00 (closed Mondays and holidays)
- Where: Chokokan, Saga City
- Cost: 300 yen
Romancing SAGA 3 Collaboration Events
- When: September 1 to December 30 (Dates and times vary by location)
- Where: Ureshino City
Ureshino Handmade Fair
- When: October 1 and 2, 10:00 to 16:00
- Where: Miyuki Park
Hawaiian Night in Onsen Kouen
- When: October 1 and 2
- Where: Onsen Kouen
- Cost: Entrance is free, drinks and BBQ start at 500 yen
Walking Tour of Places Connected to Lord Nabeshima Mitsushige
- When: October 2, 9:30 to 16:00
- Where: Starts at Chokokan
- Cost: 500 yen
Batai Music Festival in Taku
- When: October 9, doors open at 13:00, show starts at 14:00
- Where: Taku Chuuou Community Hall
- Cost: 2000 yen, tickets must be purchased in advance
Keep Pine Project – Keep Niji-no-Matsubara clean!
- When: October 16, 9:00 to 10:30
- Where: The Hamasaki Shinrinyoku no Mori Kouen Parking Lot
Saga and Japan as Seen by Siebolt
- When: September 16 to October 23, 9:30 to 18:00
- Where: Saga Castle History Museum
- Cost: Free, but donations accepted
Red Shichimensou Season
- Details: The grass near the mudflats turn a red color every fall
- When: Approximately October 22 to November 15, 9:00 to 17:00
- Where: Higashi Yoka Park
Takeo Onsen Fall Matsuri
- When: October 22 and 23
- Where: Around Takeo Shrine
Karatsu Fish Matsuri
- When: October 23, 9:00 to 14:00
- Where: Around Karatsu Bay
Flea Market in Taku
- When: October 23, 9:00 to 16:00
- Where: Taku City Bussankan open area
Taku Seibyou Fall Celebration
- When: October 23, 9:00 to 15:00
- Where: Taku Seibyou (Confucian Temple)
Horseback Archery at Kurokami Shrine
- When: October 26
- Where: Kurokami Shrine
International Balloon Fiesta
- Details: THE event in Saga City. Get out there to check out the balloons!
- When: October 28 to November 6
- Where: At the temporary station “Balloon Saga” Also accessible by bus.
Light Fantasy Parade
- When: October 28, from 18:00
- Where: Chuo Dori in Saga