Saga Agricultural Festival
- Details: Large scale farmers market-style festival.
- When: January 30 to February 2, 9:00 to 16:00 (until 15:00 on Feb. 2)
- Where: Kyushu Saga International Airport
Amabuki Sake Brewery Opening
- Details: The brewery will open its doors the first time this year, so that the public can come and taste their latest batch. They also provide tours where you can learn more about sake and how it’s made (bring someone who is comfortable with Japanese!).
- When: January 31st to February 2, 10:00~17:00
- Where: Amabuki Brewery (in Miyaki Town)
- Cost: Entry is free. You can sample 3 cups for 500 yen.
- https://www.amabuki.co.jp/news/000351.php (Japanese only)
Plum Tree Blossom at Kagami Shrine
- Details: Best “hanami” time would be around mid-late February, when the blossom is at its peak
- When: January 15 to March 15
- Where: Kagami Shrine (15 minute walk from Nijinomatsubara station)
- Details: Dance and music performances at Yutoku Inari Shrine
- When: February 9, stage events from 10:00 to 15:00
- Where: Yutoku Inari shrine
- When: February 16, preparations start at 13:30
- Where: Saga Shoko Building, Saga City
Kakigoya (“oyster hut”) in Hatatsu Town
- Details: Grill some oysters, sea snails, or Imari beef at this recently renovated oyster hut.
- When: Every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 16:00, until the end of March.
- Where: Hatatsu Fureai Hiroba
Strawberry Picking in Saga & Tosu
- Details: Eat as many strawberries as you want for 50 minutes! (Reservation needed)
- When: Daily (until May 6), between 10:00~17:00 (last entry 16:00)
- Cost: 1,900 yen per person (adult)
- Where: Saga venue / Tosu venue
- http://berryforest.com/ (Website includes some English, but feel free to contact Maarten if you need help with reservations)